28,29 July 2017 Report :
- Adding more examples for google charts and fixing/adding features .
Improving the documentation. I found that nanoc web application can generate the html code. So it is easy to see the generated site (Some css only works in localhost) : https://shekharrajak.github.io/daru-view/spec/dummy_nanoc/output/
Download button for highcharts is working now. Fixed it here : https://github.com/Shekharrajak/daru-view/pull/42
30, 31 July 2017 Report :
Added more examples and use cases of google charts, table and highcharts : Jupyter Notebook Viewer
Created one rails repo to solve some real world data visualisation problem using daru-io and daru-view : https://github.com/Shekharrajak/daru_examples_io_view_rails
We are trying to take data as json from this link https://api.github.com/orgs/Sciruby/repos and trying to analyse. The dataframe will be : http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/athityakumar/daru-io/blob/iruby-examples/iruby/json_importer.ipynb
- Fixed few bugs in daru-view and trying to make coverage report better.
1, 2 August 2017 Report :
- Adding examples in Rails app using daru-io and daru-view : https://github.com/Shekharrajak/daru_examples_io_view_rails
We are using various json data from the url : https://api.github.com/orgs/Sciruby/repos about the sciruby org in github.
One can see the working here : https://github.com/Shekharrajak/daru_examples_io_view_rails/pull/4#issuecomment-319760525
I want to host this small rails app for free. I tried few sites but I got some error or failed to setup. If anyone knows the good tool to host the rails app for free then let me know.
- I see an error while requiring the data_tables : https://github.com/Shekharrajak/daru_examples_io_view_rails/issues/3 but I see that in daru nyaplot and other libraries is added as add_development_dependency (not the add_runtime_dependency ) I think I need something in daru/view/view.rb
3, 4 Aug 2017 Report :
- Working on a demo rails app to show the features of daru-view and daru-io. Trying to get more data from the github/sciryby api.
I have found some good links, that can be helpful for analysing the sciruby github :
and many other links : https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/
The rails app shows some error in browser when we do
bundle exec rails s. I opened a issue to discuss about it (problem seems on google_visualr) : https://github.com/winston/google_visualr/issues/117
daru-view/highcharts can work offline. (Nyaplot and googlecharts have some online dependencies). To update the JS files of the daru-view I thought about to defining a command : https://github.com/Shekharrajak/daru-view/issues/47