Mid Term evaluation
Meeting on hangout and reviewed each others code
Athitya reviewed my work on daru-view. Few points he discussed is :
- nyaplot : Done
- highcharts : Done
- googlecharts : Done
- datatables : Done
- matplotlib: Yet to be done
- chartkick : Not to be done, highcharts is already implemented
- Can dummy rails / sinatra / nanoc apps be shifted to examples/ dir? With some tests for each? (Also, maybe git-submodules?)
- Not using CDN Content (Page 3 of proposal). Pro: Offline feature Con: Frequent updating to daru-view for assets via rake task Drop support for Ruby 2.0? Keyword arguments?
- Good work with adapters architecture
- Couple of Rubocop disables like PerceivedComplexity & CyclomaticComplexity
- Couple of unused variables on running rspec
- Tidying specs with rubocop and rubocop-rspec
Few minor code style enhancements possible case..when (Unnecessary class comparision with is_a?)
- lib/daru/view/adapters/googlecharts.rb L107 - L126, L135 - L140, L147 - L158
- lib/daru/view/adapters/highcharts.rb L93 - L105
- lib/daru/view/adapters/nyaplot.rb L43 - L50
- Can be DRY-ied (maybe Inheritence?)
- Update to new YARD doc standards?
- Usability perspective
- Download as SVG feature?
- Better documentation with links to respective JS lib, in README? Because, whole usage of daru-view depends on the options that can be passed. Monkey-patch into Daru::DataFrame / Daru::Vector for use like df.plot(opts)
Few things I reviewed on arrayfire-rb @prasunanand
Installation is fine and easy. Just need to install OpenCL and arrayfire. Then we can clone the repo and do according to the readme.
Works according to the timeline is fine. I see till LAPACK functionalities .ArrayFire- JRuby is yet to be implemented. After that ArrayFire JAVA APIs will be implemented like C++ APIs.
I tried examples from the test/**.rb files. It works fine. Exceptiosn and proper error msg on wrong arguments is in todo.